Neck pain has become a fast-growing problem for millions of people. From those who subscribe to an inactive lifestyle to consistent scrolling on a smartphone to improper workstation setups to everyday stress and everything in between, our neck’s health and safety are at risk.
The excellent news is that reliable and natural support is at your fingertips. Chiropractic care can reduce your neck pain, remedy what’s causing the pain, and give your ongoing care techniques to keep your neck injury from recurring.
This post will tell you:
- Why you have neck pain
- Symptoms of neck injuries
- Injuries that can lead to neck pain
- Chiropractic methods to end neck pain
- And more
If you have neck pain, this article is for you, so read up.
Why Does My Neck Hurt?
Neck discomfort can come in many forms and affect all kinds of people. From weightlifters to desk-sitters, neck pain is common and rising. Symptoms range in severity and can worsen over time, so even if your discomfort is minimal, getting the proper support will ensure your neck’s health and safety.
Common symptoms of neck injuries include:
- Loss of range of motion and flexibility
- Inability to turn or nod the head
- Radiating pain from neck into shoulders or back
- Increasing neck pain throughout the day
- Pain when the neck muscles are working
- Dull aching neck while at rest
- Inability to sleep well
- Inability to focus
- Mental stress
Figuring out why your neck hurts is the first step in understanding how to best approach the condition causing you pain.
Common reasons for neck pain include:
- Lack of movement or excessive inactivity
- A traumatic event, such as a car accident or sports accident
- Overuse or repetitive use
- Poorly designed workstation setup
- Sitting for prolonged periods
- Poor posture or ergonomics
- Using a handheld device for extended periods
Common conditions that cause neck pain include:
- Sprains and strains
- Disc herniation
- Degenerative disc disease
- Pinched nerve
While these conditions vary in severity, working with an experienced chiropractor in Santa Fe will help get you fast, effective results.
Chiropractic Solutions to End Neck Pain
Chiropractic services are a heavily relied upon way to end neck pain because of their non-invasive, holistic, and comprehensive approach to the body. When we’re injured, the body shows discomfort or pain meant to give us a little push to seek help.
Chiropractic solutions to end neck pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments or spinal manipulations– The cervical spine is the upper portion of the spine found in the neck; when out of balance, pain and restriction can occur. Adjustments will realign the body so it can support you as it provides comfort and safe movement.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization– Using highly effective tools, soft tissues are restored, and inflammation and scar tissue decrease, so movements become safe and comfortable.
- Corrective exercises– With exercises and stretches, your body will become stronger and healthier so it can better support you.
- Massage therapy– Massage therapy improves soft tissue balance and health; it helps heal and restore, improving circulation and reducing inflammation and scar tissue. Therapeutic massage is also relaxing and stress-relieving, helping mental and emotional dysfunctions.
- And more
Your neck health is important. Don’t let it go unchecked. Your chiropractor will implement a safe treatment plan, including preventative care methods that you can use to stay strong and healthy.
Visit Our Sante Fe Chiropractic Clinic for Neck Pain Relief
When the neck isn’t working correctly, everyday movements, work, exercise, socializing, all of it is affected. Don’t let your neck injury ruin another day. At Turquoise Trail Therapeutics, we’ll give you a full-body assessment to determine the precise cause of your pain before implementing a responsible healing program unique to your needs.
Nobody wants to live in pain. You want your pain to end; we want to make your comfort last. Contact our chiropractic care team, and let’s get you lasting, meaningful results.